Twitist Forums
How much do we really matter in this world? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How much do we really matter in this world? (/thread-144159.html)

Pages: 1 2

How much do we really matter in this world? - chubbyhydrant732 - 04-27-2014 11:14 PM

My friend has 100 likes on her facebook profile picture and she feels like she is the best person and popular. My other friend got like 4 likes on her profile picture. But it made me wonder, how much does each person matter in this world?

- leilaa - 04-27-2014 11:22 PM

everyone is important no matter how many 'likes' their facebook gets

- Justin - 04-27-2014 11:30 PM

Well, your friend with 100 likes definitely is pretty awesome! Much better than that other person with less likes..lol just kidding.

But hey if it makes your friend happy then so be it!
How much do you matter to yourself? Are you content? Happy? That's all that matters!

- Bianca_23_ - 04-27-2014 11:37 PM

I don't think facebook likes really matter about how important each individual is. At the risk of sounding mushy, each person is made unique and I don't think there is such a thing as "more important" or "less important" people. There are people that have great achievements in the world. But the fact is, their ancestors might have been common and accomplished nothing, but they are the reason that person is alive. Everything is connected. (sorry if that sounded mushy)
I hope this helps!

- ezra - 04-27-2014 11:42 PM

its 7 billion people on this earth...

let that sink in...

- K8 - 04-27-2014 11:42 PM

In our own lives and our own world we matter a whole lot.

- tiger - 04-27-2014 11:45 PM

Each one as individuals matter. Not one person is better than the other.

- Generalist - 04-27-2014 11:54 PM

Gen.
Everyone affects everything else.
How beneficial that effect is, is far more important than how many people click on 'like'. Most great ideas, movements, concepts, liberations, were greeted with dislikes made of sharpened weapons, ropes, and fire.
Giordano Bruno was burned alive, and Galileo Galilei was placed under house arrest because they spoke something we all take fro granted today. They had few likes.

Reality is indifferent to human opinions, but most humans think that their opinions determine reality.

- Plogsties - 04-28-2014 12:01 AM

The problem is with your phrase "in this world". For the vast majority of mankind "this world" consist of family and close friends (and I specifically exclude "friends' on facebook from this list). If you evaluate your sense of who you are on the basis of entities like facebook or other "social media" or this non-existent abstraction "the world", I'm afraid your life will be far from pleasant. Learn to choose the right context for your assessment of who and what you are.

- Rinah - 04-28-2014 12:10 AM

You are irreplaceable, that's how important you are!

Why Finding Meaning in Your Life Is So Important and How to Do It.
http://t.co/hPJy4RqkbK