Twitist Forums
Do You Agree With Schools Keeping Watch On Their Students Myspace/Facebook Pages? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Do You Agree With Schools Keeping Watch On Their Students Myspace/Facebook Pages? (/thread-14149.html)

Pages: 1 2

- devilrider13 - 10-15-2012 09:08 PM

Stand up for yourself as a parent and your rights to parent your own child...

They don't have a right to monitor what is on a facebook or myspace... Plus these things can be set to private and thus unless she adds their account they won't be able to view anything but the profile pic....

Why does a 6th grader have a myspace/facebook? She's not old enough

- victoriousday511 - 10-15-2012 09:08 PM

I absolutely do not agree with this. It is NONE of their business. That is ridiculous. Just because we have these things now doesn't mean it gives them the right to abuse it. It is the parent's job to raise their children and discipline them.....a teacher should be all about teaching.

- ☆Crystal☆ - 10-15-2012 09:08 PM

That's definitely overboard. It's the parent's responsibility to keep watch over their child's internet habits...the school just needs to concentrate on teaching and stop trying to do the parent's job.

- Tracy H - 10-15-2012 09:08 PM

I am paying taxes that go towards both the school district and the city for law enforcement, I want the school to educate my children and the police to protect them, the school needs to stay in their area of expertise--EDUCATION. I believe this activity will ultimately result in lawsuits towards the school district for violations in relation to rights, not privacy rights--as these were given up when you clicked the agreement box on these sites, you know the one after the 50 pages of jargon that most of us just go yeah, yeah yeah, click.

- Erraticgame358 - 10-15-2012 09:08 PM

Well I think they should just focus on teaching the kids rather than wasting there time wondering if they hate a certain teacher. First some people keep there pages private so are they going to send a letter home saying it's private tell you kid to un do it so we can see. It's the parents problem what is on their myspace not the schools. Kids will be kids and use bad language and make fun of each other.

- kindvan657 - 10-15-2012 09:08 PM

I do NOT agree with this. I could understand more if it was accessible at school, but most are not! Facebook especially, I have my page completely blocked so unless you are friends with me, you see nothing. I would do this to my childs as well if the school were monitring it. Same with work, they cannot access it and as far as I am concerned, they dont have the right to. It is MY personal page, and my personal life!!

No way Jose!!!

- laina - 10-15-2012 09:08 PM

the schools are responsible for them when they are in school. you also have to be 14 to have a myspace and 13 to have a facebook. It's the parents job to be monitoring their kids online, not the schools.