Twitist Forums
is this 'free mac book air' a scam (facebook ad)!? help!!!!? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: is this 'free mac book air' a scam (facebook ad)!? help!!!!? (/thread-26572.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Wes2.0 - 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

scam in a way...they will send you one if you sign up for credit cards and product clubs that will cost you more than the mac itself

- Hilt - 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

Might be, but just do the things you would do for a phishing site to check if its a scam or not.
If its not, expect lots of junk mail/e-mail if you have to put in adress/e-mail.

- Lazy-assedcellar166 - 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

No, it's completely real. Just click on it, and let it download things onto your computer. While you're at it, stick your willy in a blender.

- Who, me? - 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

"Eligible members can receive the incentive gift package by completing two reward offers from each of the Top, Prime and Premium reward offer page options."

yes. You'll have to buy/sign up for all kinds of trial products and services to get it, and even then there's no guarantee. Just save up for one, it'll be less of a hassle.

- <3mykity - 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

yes you cheap bastard
do you really think apple would want to give away a FREE product

they have their ipods break in a year so you could buy another one because in that time they end up coming out with an even better one and you know you want it

i hate apple sometimes but they are the only co. with products like that that are very satisfying but I KNOW THEY ARE RIPPING ME OFF SOME HOW but i can't say no
and i think they KNOW TOOOOOO

- Insanedust067 - 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

NO IT IS NOT A SCAM.

They advertised exactly what it is: a free Macbook Air (in color) ONLY if you complete a certain number of costly and expensive offers. It may end up being cheaper than a MacBook Air, but it is a hassle. I tried but gave up on a diff website when it would cost more than i thought. you do get the computer but you have to do SOMETHInG.

- guitarwhiz999 - 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

For those types of offers, you must take part with their sponsors first, that's how they get the money to get the Mac Book or whichever prize you're trying to get. They often show lists of different offers from different companies, not usually free, but ones such as ex: Book club, sign up for only $3.99 and get 3 FREE books. It'll cost you $3.99, and however much the membership fee a month, but it counts for you. The may ask for any number of offers to be completed, but you have to watch out; most of these places will try to bill you without you knowing. So if you think you want to try this, I'd suggest using a pre-paid credit card. I did, and I got about 20 charges for $8-20 in the first 2 days. I only had it loaded with about $2 just in case. So if you think you want to try it, just be warned that it is kind of sketchy, but people have proved it to work. Good luck!

- Shmexy_Beast - 11-09-2012 12:29 PM

Yesh its a big fat scam, don't do it..my friend did it for an iPhone and a macbook once..you have to put in your phone number fill out a bunch of crap and get a BUNCH of junk mail, she probably gets 500 a day. Plus Macbook doesn't even have all of those colors. They have the basic colors..black white, maybe pink. But they don't have different shades of the colors. Common sense.(: