Twitist Forums
What's a worse way to be broken up with - Facebook chat or text? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What's a worse way to be broken up with - Facebook chat or text? (/thread-32284.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- cockblaster - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

they're both pathetic ways to break up. maybe grow a pair(idc if you're a guy or a girl) and tell him/her face to face. or atleast over the phone(talking).

- alexvhrk - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

Facebook chat. Probably because at the time that the breakup would be happening, you would keep seeing other chat panes open with your friends saying funny things or being smart asses about something else. To be fair, either would suck.

- right. - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

my ex broke up w me thru a txt message.
which is why we r toguether without being toguether, she ddnt explain me why. and i tried talking it out... and now i guess u can call it friends w benefits.
but BOTH WAYS SUCK!!! do it personal

- ME THE AWESOME - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

i think the worst one is text cause everybody hears about breakups during texts but not many on facebook chats so............text is worst.............hope that helps! could you answer my question? Please and thank you! Big Grin

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AheEWNq4ZvrJt1UC8f8gcY_sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110710113934AASDs3w

- Elle - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

FB Chat, because you actually have to reply and they can see you pausing and imagine you thinking of a response. The more they talk the more your thinking , are they really trying to justify why their breaking up on fb chat?

- simplykrystie333 - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

Both of them suck equally bad. If someone if going to break up w/ you other than in person, you were better off without them anyway. They're definitely not worth the tears.

If you're planning on breaking up with someone this way, you're a loser. Find your balls and give them some respect.

- Dasha Howard - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

i'd have to say over txt.... because u have to wait.... with facebook on the chat thing, u know when their writting to u because it tells u... so there is no wait.. but with txt, u never know. u could reply to someone over text, and then they won't reply back to u. it's worst because it keeps u waiting... with facebook u know when their writting.. if they don't reply on time, it gets sunt as a message.

- A. Zero - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

they are both retarded and show that one of the people are disrespectful and a coward. unless you have been dating like 10 minutes....

This is one of the thing today that is so freaking sad. If you date a person or BF & GF for any time- say 3 months- then don't you have enough respect and care for the other person to talk to them face to face??? Would YOU enjoy someone saying in chat "hey, how are you Wink" .. "btw, i am dumping you and now dating your bff!... tootles!"

Think about it. Have a backbone and some integrity.

- MtMatrix - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

Text seems a harsher method in the breaking up process. With a text, it's almost as if the breaker-upper only cares that they themselves are done with the relationship and not about how their (ex-)partner feels. This is because they aren't pressured to text back since they could just act like they're "too busy" to respond as so many a-holes do.

But with a Facebook chat, the breaker-upper at least (hopefully) has the decency to engage in a real conversation regarding where the relationship is going and how it needs to end... Tongue Long answer. XD

- Noooooo Yes - 11-09-2012 06:05 PM

any kind of break up is bad Sad! It hurts!
But actually if you're looking for a way to avoid the person begging you to come back or trying to convince you not to break up with them, then do it through text or fb and block them. That's so mean and hurtful! but I guess you don't have to worry about them trying to persuade you not to break up with them...