Twitist Forums
My son's father remarried and i just found out theough facebook. What should I do about this? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: My son's father remarried and i just found out theough facebook. What should I do about this? (/thread-33878.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Paul&Fran - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

Well nothing you can do but you think he could have had the common courtesy to tell you. If not for you but for your sons sake.

- drrouter - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

Move on. That's the only thing you can do.

- M S - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

Co parent wisely, and get on with your life.

- mrs g3 - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

What should you do?
Absolutely nothing, it has no bearing on your life...only your son's.

- Rie - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

He's already married,& there's nothing you can do except continue to be cordial & congratulate .them.

- Incognito - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

What is there to do about it? He obviously didn't want to be with you or he would've married you for his son's sake. If he didn't marry you before the kid was born, it's not going to happen. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but you need to face reality.

- Suga Mama - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

You should have moved on 2yrs ago. Cordial does not equate to hope. He wants peace for the child you share.

- tami d - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

There is nothing you can do. He has the right to get remarried, and it also depends on the reasons for your divorce to begin with, why he wouldn't have gotten back with you in the first place. Perfect example, my husbands first marriage of 16 years didn't work out because she had cheated on him twice, both times over the internet. They both have 2 children. When she finally kicked him out, he was devastated and then he met me after she had already told him to go find someone else. When he did and things didn't work out for her (thinking the other side of the fence was greener), she got jealous and wanted him back because he finally found someone to be happier with. He finally told her no because enough was enough. Then to make matters worse, she and her side of the family pumped a bunch of b.s. into the kids' heads and because of that, they resented us for something their mother did. Now, its not so bad. She and the kids have had time to ponder it all and they realize to some degree that the resentment was ill directed (of course, they've had over 8 years to come to terms with it). It may not be easy for you to accept this new marriage and new woman, but for the benefit for your son, all three of you need to be civil, for your son's sake. Its not easy for the other woman either because she has to contend with you and also wonder if your son will accept her or not, and whether or not you might start trouble. Just don't make it any harder than what it already is. Take the time to talk to your ex-husband and ask why he felt it necessary to not at least tell you of his impending marriage. In some aspects, that wasn't fair to at least your son. Your son should have been better prepared for the possibility that you and/or your ex may someday remarry and your ex should have been at least more open about it.

- Kels_Bells - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

What you can do is move on. It isn't going to happen he is married.

- Monty R - 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

There is nothing you can or should do. You're not married to him anymore so he has the right to get remarried. Sorry that you aren't gonna get back with him.