Twitist Forums
Is doing something your parents don't allow a sin? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is doing something your parents don't allow a sin? (/thread-34849.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- mari... - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

No, not a sin. Also, no hell. Smile

- Emmanuel - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

It is a sin to your parents but not to God.

- wefmeister - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

if you profess to be a Christian, then you are rebelling against your parents....

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”

Ephesians 6:1-3

listen what happened to these men........

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4136610474021109864&q=rawlings#

- Rarity Iorune - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

Of course not.
It makes no sense that one deed would send a soul to an eternity in misery.
Just be smart with your facebook, and don't get into trouble, or if you're uncomfortable, delete it.
Life really is not a complex system of what's sin and what's not.
Is your decision hurting anyone or affecting anyone negatively? If not, don't worry about it.

- Curtis Black - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

I never thought i'd read about someone worried that facebook could send them to hell.

But on a serious note, you'll be fine.
It's a website at the end of the day, no worse than this.

- LJ - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

One of the Ten Utterances (Commandments) is " Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." – Exodus 20:12 (NIV)
. Breaking a commandment would be a sin.

- † John M † - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

It is for your own good that the bible states:
Child obey your parents if you want to have a blessed life and live long on earth.

- Alice W. - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

It is probably some sort of sin, because there are LOTS of sins, and no one (well, pretty much no one) lives a totally sinless life. But God is forgiving, so you most likely won't go to hell. But you should probably talk to your parents about it because someone will end up telling your parents because Facebook isn't THAT private, and that would be a lot worse.

- openspaces101 - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

I know God wants you to obey your parents while you are still living at home unless they ask you to do something unGodly if you get my drift.Hope this helps.

- olderman - 11-09-2012 07:37 PM

No.
One goes to hell for flagrantly violating the gift of life.
Or being completely ungrateful toward God.
Or for being rich and not helping.
Has to be something inexcusable.
God's a nice guy.