Twitist Forums
How to stop my mum adding me on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How to stop my mum adding me on facebook? (/thread-36861.html)

Pages: 1 2

- jupiteress - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

You need to sit her down and speak to her as though your a teacher and shes a child. The people you want to communicate with are your people, when she introduces you to anyone she could be putting you in danger or any passing predator. Her way of protecting you is indeed very strange.
Again the teacher needs to tell mum how much it irritates you when she questions you and you can say she is being rude. You can also tell her your 13 year old life is very different to hers and you want her to respect that.

- Xx ALICE xX rules - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

BLOCK HER

then she cant find you on facebook

- courtney m - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

Well if you add her you can put her in a group ( name it Blocked) then go to your privacy setting and click on Personal Information and Posts. Then there will be a category call Posts by Me click on it and select custom. A little box will pop up and on top it will say make this visible to.. Click on Friends.. And at the bottom it will say Hide this from and it will have a little box under it that says These people type in Blocked. and your mom wont be able to see your posts. continue doing that with everything that you don't want her to see(Photos, Comments on your statuses,ec.) Hope i helped. Good luckSmile

- kaY Cee - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

first ignor one of her friend requests. go to account and prvacy setting and add her to the block list. after that she cannot find you on facebook, and whats good she want know that you have blocked her from seeing you on facebook.

- A - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

BLOCK HER

she wants to spy on you

- shutuppauface - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

Suck it up, unless you want to lose your Internet privileges. Until you are 18, she can keep you from being on Facebook entirely (including contacting Facebook and telling them you are not to have an account). You are a child, you don't understand consequences, she needs to monitor you and your friends' posting to make sure they are appropriate. What do you have to hide?

- B.J. - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

I don't know but my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/BJ713

- San - 11-09-2012 08:45 PM

I like courtneys idea, but I am a mom. In our community everyone has friended their parent. It's not that big a deal and we all use it to share humoruous thoughts. It has brought some together I'm sure and i haven't heard of any bad coming from it other than knowing your friends interests. As you grow and develop, you will be exposed to alot and your parent can't stop that. She just wants to be a part of your life. After the 20 million questions, ask her if she would like to be unfriended.