Twitist Forums
How seriously are you preparing for the impending storm; especially East coast folks? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: How seriously are you preparing for the impending storm; especially East coast folks? (/thread-47588.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Shortstuff13 - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

I take every Tropical Storm Watch & Warning seriously. I'm close to the east coast, so I do what is necessary to do, to prepare. I keep plenty of food, flashlights/water (jugs/bottles) battery operated lamps, etc. on hand, for such occasions. We are getting a lot of rain & it's windy. I'm most concerned for the states that are going to really feel the wicked wrath of Sandy. I hope everyone up the eastern coastline is safe & that no one gets hurt or worse. I worry about family members, who are in the direct path of this storm. I spoke to them today & they are all prepared for what is to come. I hear that the state of Ohio, near the capitol, has snow predicted in that area. (3-6 inches)

- Bert Weidemeier - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

Here in NJ, there is a state of emergency and there is mandatory evacuation by the shore in southern NJ, but not here. The worst should be Monday evening and Monday night.

There is nothing left on the shelves in the supermarkets, and Lowes and Home Depot have been picked clean.

- Tony - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

The wood burning stove is already loaded and waiting for a match. There is also a pile of nice smelling cedar logs waiting to make the house toasty warm. I hope it snows so deep we can't dig out.

- ncgirl - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

The mountains of North Carolina are out of range on the map so I think we are fairly safe here. My hope is for safety for all those in the path of this storm.

- Bob - 11-27-2012 07:08 AM

My sister lives alone in NJ. I'm very concerned. If she doesn't get a crank charger for her cell phone, how will she call me and send texts to me!?..