Twitist Forums
Do you remember what facebook was like in black and white? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Do you remember what facebook was like in black and white? (/thread-48214.html)

Pages: 1 2

- handyman - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

That's funny because some charlatan companies tried to sell these screen covers that supposedly could turn a B&W television into color by magic. I imagine they would have tried the same thing with Facebook. All the color photos my mom took in the early 60's have now faded to B&W.

- Blu - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

No
Lewis- Do you remember Clark on your expedition?

- Fearlesspicture272 - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

Yeah but it was called Cave Book and you actually had to scratch your status updates into the walls of the cave with a sharp stick. Used to pi$$ dad off no end..."I told you not to draw on the walls of the bloody cave" Boof...on the head with his club.

I just used to go out and cry in the warm embrace of my pet dinosaur.

- mydearsie - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

I guess he also told you that the entire world was in black and white. Technicolor did not appear until Hollywood hired Natalie Kalmus. She was the expert back in the day.

- sounder - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

i see you have been watching youtube again

- grayure - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

Plato Notes would've been in black and white. In fact, it would've been coming out of a teleprinter. So what you say is not as silly as you think. Also, a ZX81 could almost certainly be used to access FB Mobile if interfaced with a mobile itself. Taking that back, you could probably use a PDP-11 and a teleprinter to access it if you were sufficiently geeky about it.

Moreover, since this galaxy has been around for over 10 billion years and this planet is only 4.6 billion years old, the chances are that even before this planet came into existence, something already existed somewhere which made Facebook look like a cave painting.

- livn4themin - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

It was totally tubular dude!

- babbie - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

Actually, I wouldn't, because when I was 21 I had real friends I could hang out with in person and therefore would have had no need for pretend friends - aka total strangers I had never actually met. I was also educated enough to know that Jesus lived and died long before the internet existed. Unless that part was a joke? Thanks to today's so-called "school system", it's sometimes hard to tell.

- Kai - 12-04-2012 09:30 AM

Well they do say ignorance is bliss and here is a fine example of just that. It's sad because he has the use of the internet to learn some history and yet doesn't, or maybe can't. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.