Twitist Forums
Wouldn't it have been AWESOME if Bush had invested our Social Security into the stock market? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Wouldn't it have been AWESOME if Bush had invested our Social Security into the stock market? (/thread-6934.html)

Pages: 1 2

- robot_hooker3 - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

The Social Security system is going bankrupt, regardless.

- Ha M - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

Conservatives would REALLY LOVE that to happen!

- petiteoatmeal953 - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

what's another couple trillion

- toffy - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

your a creative little sucker ill give you that hahaha that would have to be very interesting wouldn't it

- Belovedhill454 - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

It would have been even more AWESOME if the Democrats hadn't come to control Congress in 2007 and wrecked the economy.
Ah yes. Spend our children's money like there's no tomorrow.
It's the democrat way.

- Tryad - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

Honestly it wouldn't have been a bad Idea. Because it would have taken the burden off of the taxpayer in the long run. If you look at our federal budget you would see that over 65% of the budget is SS. and also remember that only people 35 or younger at the time could have invested, and it is there choice of where and how. SO get over yourself and learn the facts.

- grump56 - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

He just wanted to give us the right to lose it in the market. Which was just another form of a huge tax break for corporations. Imagine not having to match your 8%?

- mbush40 - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

Well yes I do...For starters, we would have all the wasted SS money back, and two the volume of the DOW would be around 50,000 instead of 7000.

This will be hard for you but I want you to think...our money is going there now. The money for these bailouts some will come from SS. Since we are bailing out who? Wall St.! you got it, then our Social security money is going to wall st yet we will see neither SS or the bailout money in the future.

- easilydissolved - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

Yeah, that way, we will have no savings or investments...EVER!

- Curt J - 10-12-2012 08:35 AM

Bush only attempted to institute a policy that has been wildly successful in Brazil. You make it sound as if he were planning to invest the whole social security fund (which hasn't existed since the 60's) into marginal schemes.
Had you paid any attention, instead of only condemning any and all ideas originating from him, you would have realized that he wanted to allow younger workers to have the right to invest a whopping 2% of what would normally have been taken by Social Security, into stock funds of their own choosing.
You blithely call this a craps shoot, yet can't see all the wasteful spending perpetrated by your beloved liberal leaders.
When did you libs allow your leaders to pervert Kennedy's "Ask not what your country can do for you, aks what you can do for your country" into "What can my country do for me today that I'm either too lazy or stupid to do for myself"?