Twitist Forums
Why don't we hear about privatizing Social Security & tieing it to the stock market anymore? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why don't we hear about privatizing Social Security & tieing it to the stock market anymore? (/thread-7750.html)

Pages: 1 2

- nuke_ben_laden - 10-12-2012 10:34 PM

Because our outstanding treasonous leaders, in both parties and across all levels of government along with the massive amount of bureaucrats scurrying around, have all decided the cheaper way out of the Social Security obligation thingy is to simply inflate the dollar and even possibly something else more draconian in order to help "save the economy". The inflation program is right on track with us paying 4/gallon for gasoline and volitile things like food and commodity prices climbing thru the roof. I wonder if my social security payment is indexed for inflation, I mean the CPI now, not the other one the government is so fond of, what was that ...... oh yeah..... "core inflation".

I would privitize my remaining years right now because if I controlled it, both employee and employer contributions, then it would definately be there for my retirement, not like this current program with it's non-existent rate of return.

- FL native - 10-12-2012 10:34 PM

You don't hear about it anymore because the democrats and their allies in the mainstream media were successful in preying on the fears and ignorance of the voting public.

It was not a bad idea. Ask the folks in Galveston who escaped our crappy social security plan how they like it.

Sabrina F: IT'S BROKE! LITERALLY AND FIGURATIVELY!

- Matt S - 10-12-2012 10:34 PM

It was not a bad idea, it was a great idea to privatize S.S. The government wants to control as much of your money as possible, thats why they refuse to change.