Twitist Forums
How do I say that I'm relatively liberal without offending anyone on Facebook? I'm 14? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How do I say that I'm relatively liberal without offending anyone on Facebook? I'm 14? (/thread-33824.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Moody Red - 11-09-2012 07:01 PM

At the age of 14, I would say you still have a lot of growing up to do. Think about what values you are passionate about. The liberal mind is not passionate. His agenda does not insist that the individual is the ultimate economic, social and political unit. it does not idealize individual liberty and the structure of law essential to it. it does not defend the basic rights of property and contract; it does not preach self-reliance and self-determination; it does not praise courage, resilience or courage.

I believe the conservative is not offended, but feels there must be a cure for someone whose only ambition is to be cared for by a large authoritarian government that will regulate society through a cradle to grave agenda of redistributive care taking.
Liberals deny personal responsibility, encourage self-pity, foster government dependency, rationalize violence, excuse financial obligation, justify theft, ignores rudeness, and prescribes complaining and blaming.

Are you certain that you want to be labeled a liberal? No offense taken, we do understand how liberals think, and if that is your choice, I say God Bless you.

MR