Twitist Forums
Noah's ark for social studies fair? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Noah's ark for social studies fair? (/thread-100133.html)

Pages: 1 2

Noah's ark for social studies fair? - Mandi - 02-19-2014 12:44 PM

So im in eight grade a the social studies fair is coming up and I was going to do it on like mental illness. But then I saw this article about how people have found Noah's Ark and I found it REALLY interesting since im a christian. And I want to do my social studies fair project on that but I have NO clue if that would be good or not. Do ya'll think It would do good? Deadline for topic is like in 2 days! AHHHHH!!!

- Hakuna My Tatas - 02-19-2014 12:45 PM

You should stick with mental illness and talk about how psychiatrists would lock people up in unsanitary conditions and lobotomize them.

- Jesus of Nazers - 02-19-2014 12:51 PM

Perhaps a report on the mentality required in order to believe one has found a mythical relic from the past would be a good subject. Here's a random subject you might find interesting. Do a report on every prediction of the end of the world since the first century.

- Matt Helms - 02-19-2014 12:56 PM

Yes! Study Genesis 6-8. Hope you get an A!

- Qwertyz - 02-19-2014 01:01 PM

Trust members of Yahoo! Answers to be rude to an 8th Grader.

I don't think they have found the Ark, sorry. Well, there are many claims, but they're never really proven/turned out they're a lie.

- Michael - 02-19-2014 01:09 PM

People have "found" Noah's Ark 6 to 7 some times already. Every single one has been shown to be a hoax by some Christian.

I advise doing a project on something real.

- Brigalow Bloke - 02-19-2014 01:17 PM

Nobody has found Noah's Ark. All those stories are frauds.

If it had really been found it would be headline news on all news outlets, not some small article hidden on the net or some supposed church publication.

There are at least two organisations claiming that they have found it in different places. One photo was actually the inside of a cow shed in France, another is of a natural rock formation. These claims exist to induce suckers to take trips to Turkey where they are allowed to vies the supposed ark from a distance. They are not allowed to get very close, since that would expose the thing as a fraud.

If you want to do social studies, maybe you could find out the reasons why people fall for this

- William - 02-19-2014 01:24 PM

Hate to say it, but the skeptics are right here. If it could be proven that they found Noah's ark, then it would be front page material.

If you really want to do a social studies project on Noah's Ark, then you would have to include all the other proven hoaxes and, based on that and the existing "evidence" for Noah's Ark, determine the probability that this latest finding (assuming it hasn't already been disproven) isn't a hoax.

However, might I recommend something more contemporary. Maybe something to do with Israel being founded as a state after WW II, or the destruction of the Jewish Temple and the eventual construction of the Mosque of Omar, or the geo-politics of the middle east. Not sure what your requirements are for your project, but perhaps one of these peaks your interest and fits the bill.

- Anthony - 02-19-2014 01:28 PM

No one has found Noah's ark, though plenty of people claim they have.

All such claims have been demonstrated to be false.

Maybe you can do a study of how delusional religious belief leads people to make unsuppotable, nonsensical, and clearly fraudulent claims about things like finding Noah's Ark, in the name of their religion.

- Victor - 02-19-2014 01:33 PM

Yes the claim to Noah's Ark has never changed and has always been thought to be on Mt. Ararat in Iran. The Iranian government is less then hospitable to allow such an excavation. Satalite imaging along with square meters that match the cubits of the biblical dimensions also support these claims. The claim has went as far back as the late 1980's and has not change location as far as I know.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100428-noahs-ark-found-in-turkey-science-religion-culture/