Twitist Forums
Why are some posts more visible on Facebook community pages? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Why are some posts more visible on Facebook community pages? (/thread-100520.html)

Why are some posts more visible on Facebook community pages? - dan - 02-19-2014 12:47 PM

Sorry, for the confusing question.
I have a Facebook community page with about 13,000 followers. I've noticed something very strange and I don't understand it.

when I post a link to my own website, Facebook tells me that a couple of hundred people have seen it....but when I post a link to someone else's website, such as a news site or to a YouTube video, I get thousands of people seeing it.

Link to my site = "165 people saw your post"
Link to YouTube video = "2500 people saw your post"
Link to Huffington Post = "1700 people saw your post"

Can anyone help me understand this difference? why is there a difference between the visibility of links? would there be a reason that my own website would be less visible on the timeline than a link to YouTube?

Thanks!

- Daniel - 02-19-2014 12:56 PM

It Depends on What you Are Sharing Everybody Will see Everything that you Post Its Visible Everywhere But the Amount of People that Saw it Will Vary

So For the 3 Sites That you Listed

Youtube Was the Most Popular One That People Liked So A Lot of People Saw the Post

Your Site and Huffington Got Less People Seeing the Post Because its Possible They May not Have Been Interested in Those 2 Sites That Were Posted