Twitist Forums
Why can't people who are not my friends send me a message on Facebook? PLEASE help :-)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Why can't people who are not my friends send me a message on Facebook? PLEASE help :-)? (/thread-100985.html)

Why can't people who are not my friends send me a message on Facebook? PLEASE help :-)? - :-) - 02-19-2014 12:50 PM

basically those who are my friends on facebook are able to send me a message, but when people are able to search me for example, the public, they're not able to, they can only view my friends, add me as a friend and view my pages and profile pic. I have gone to privacy settings and then checked if it was so everyone is able to send me a message on facebook, not just friends, and it was fine, it has been like this for sometime now, i have checked everywhere else on settings and there is nothing else which relates to sending a message on facebook
please helppppp! Sad

- Yuyu - 02-19-2014 12:56 PM

u have to change account settings

- Michelle L. - 02-19-2014 01:05 PM

I believe facebook recently updated their privacy policy again.

Check your privacy settings one more time to ensure that people can send you messages. Sometimes when Facebook makes updates, it resets a few settings.

- Kk - 02-19-2014 01:06 PM

You have to go to account settings where it says account then go to privacy settings then contact info.

- ★angel★ - 02-19-2014 01:11 PM

Account--->Privacy Settings-->Contact Information-->Send me a message
change as 'everyone'