Twitist Forums
Can others use photos from Facebook ok their own website without permission? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Can others use photos from Facebook ok their own website without permission? (/thread-101217.html)

Can others use photos from Facebook ok their own website without permission? - L - 02-19-2014 05:43 PM

I just was randomly googling my name as you do and I came across a website about family trees with my name and photos on it. The person who runs the website got the photos off Facebook (which I thought was as private as I could get it) that I didn't know or give permission for them to use. Are they allowed to use personal photos from Facebook without permission for their own use?

- djp818 - 02-19-2014 05:59 PM

Yes. Unless you have a copyright on them.

- Ilove - 02-19-2014 06:10 PM

It is alowed.Becouse only private photos ARE PRIVATE!!!

- karmamagic - 02-19-2014 06:11 PM

hi click here

- Pravallika - 02-19-2014 06:23 PM

if you're a profeesional photographer or film maker and you have the copy rights of the data , it's illegal to anyone use that without your consent. but when they are some random shots we upload to social networking sites with out changng the privacy options , and open to public to view it's doesn't matter. If you want that person remove those pics, message that owner or report to the content hoster.

- Daniel - 02-19-2014 06:37 PM

If you Dont Have Copyright Protections on it Than its Ok But If you Ask Them to Remove it They Have to Remove it That They Dont Have a Choice of Regardless If its Copyright Protected Or Not