Twitist Forums
How much should I sell a duct tape wallet for and how should I advertise it? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: How much should I sell a duct tape wallet for and how should I advertise it? (/thread-102691.html)

How much should I sell a duct tape wallet for and how should I advertise it? - Breanna - 02-22-2014 06:52 AM

My dad thinks I should start selling duct tape wallets and I agree with him. I made 7 really creative wallets for me and others but I never had them pay me cause it was all friends and family but I had my brother give me enough money for the duct tape he wants and I had my dad buy his own duct tape.
I'm not really wanting to get much money off of the wallets maybe only a couple bucks. A roll of duct tape is $5 a roll which can supply enough duct tape for more than 2 wallets. And a sheetof duct tape (for extra color on the pockets so if they want it so the pockets are easier to find the top of one) is like 2 or 3 bucks. My dad suggested $10 per wallet. That means you would get at most $5 profit for a wallet you need to buy the duct tape and 100% profit on wallets you don't have to buy duct tape. I'm thinking $8 for a 1 color wallet or 10 for 2 color wallet. Would that be good?
When it comes to advertisement would Facebook work? That's the only social site I have unless I sign up for another site. The only thing is I will not sell to unknown people or people I would have to mail it to.
Thanks for the help!

- Philip - 02-22-2014 07:03 AM

You can advertise on free classified ads websites like craigslist and planetadvert.com

- Morgun - 02-22-2014 07:07 AM

You could try eBay or using Facebook and getting people to pay via Paypal. It all depends on what is available in your area.