Twitist Forums
Why do people still use Facebook rather than Twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Why do people still use Facebook rather than Twitter? (/thread-102831.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why do people still use Facebook rather than Twitter? - Nick - 02-22-2014 04:14 PM

All of the ads for random stuff you don't care about are really annoying on Facebook. And then Twitter just feels a lot more laid-back and more fun to me personally as well as almost everyone I know. Why even use Facebook anymore?

- Grant Quick - 02-22-2014 04:21 PM

well it really depends on what you like. facebook is more complex than twitter so people like it better. and facebook has a lot of addicting games, too.

- bee - 02-22-2014 04:24 PM

I use adblock, so I don't have a problem with ads on facebook. I guess it just depends which platform you like using more? I think sharing pictures is easier with facebook for one.

- blackgrumpycat - 02-22-2014 04:32 PM

I don't know much about Twitter. Can you have photo albums on there, play games and private message people? It could be that the two sites have different functions. I don't have twitter because I have nothing interesting to say and really don't give two hoots whether someone has just made a cup of tea.

- jesus_disciple777 - 02-22-2014 04:43 PM

Most people have got wise to adverts and have installed ad blockers to their browsers and don't see any adverts. You haven't I take it?

- Charles - 02-22-2014 04:56 PM

Because there is lots more you can do on Facebook. You put your likes, status, write as long as want, upload pic and Some find Facebook easier and better.

- Randy - 02-22-2014 05:08 PM

I use Facebook more than Twitter because I post a lot of pictures and news items. Also, when I bother to comment, I usually have much more to say than Twitter's 140 character limit allows.

- oh not not again - 02-22-2014 05:13 PM

1. I have ad block
2. I can talk to people directly on FB without a 140 character limit on private messages
3. i can video chat with the person on FB
4. I can chat with more than 1 person at a time on FB

Can't do these on twitter

- 7Anoo - 02-22-2014 05:18 PM

Here are some of the differences in both

Facebook

Features:Facebook features include the, Friends, Fans, Wall, News Feed, Fan Pages, Groups, Apps, Live Chat, Likes, Photos, Videos, Text, Polls, Links, Status, Pokes, Gifts, Games, Messaging, Classified section, upload and download options and others

Advertising:Advertising supported in the form of banner ads, referral marketing, casual games

Instant messaging:Yes

Number of users:1.15 billion

Languages:Available in 70 languages

Play games:Yes

Number of employees:3976

Follow trending topics:No

Privacy settings:Can use different settings for various groups

Current estimated value:$104 billion

Users express approval of content by:"Like"

Post length:Unlimited

Twitter

Features:Tweet, Retweet, Direct Messaging, Follow People & Trending Topics, Links, Photos, Videos

Advertising:Advertising supported in the form of promoted tweets

Instant messaging:No

Number of users:Over 500 million

Languages:Available in 29 languages

Play games:No

Number of employees:Under 1000

Follow trending topics:Yes

Privacy settings:Either public or private

Current estimated value:$10 billion

Users express approval of content by:"Retweet" or "Favorite"

Post length:Limited

Some people find stuff in Facebook that they couldn't find it onTwitter