Twitist Forums
Why won't Elgato's Game Capture software install on my computer? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Why won't Elgato's Game Capture software install on my computer? (/thread-103968.html)

Why won't Elgato's Game Capture software install on my computer? - Brett - 02-24-2014 08:17 PM

I followed the instructions that came with the capture device and went to gamecapture.com/download. I downloaded the .msi installer file just fine (the Windows installer, my current laptop has Windows 8, which the software is supposed to be compatible with). When I run the file I get the following error message: "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

So far I haven't heard back from Elgato support. Does anyone know how I can get the file to install properly?

- Tim - 02-24-2014 08:20 PM

I had a similar issue. I contacted the elgato support line and also wrote on their facebook page. I got a message back on facebook and still havent recieved anything from elghato support. Write your question word for word on their wall and they should help you Smile Hope this helps