Twitist Forums
What is the job market for english and social studies teachers like? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: What is the job market for english and social studies teachers like? (/thread-104529.html)

What is the job market for english and social studies teachers like? - john - 02-24-2014 10:54 PM

I am a double major in literature and economics. I am considering law school , but really I want to teach high school. I keep hearing the job market is bad for both these types of teachers and it has began making me re-consider my choice of major.

- ASi - 02-24-2014 10:57 PM

I wouldn't say the market is "ideal" for social studies teachers, but teachers will always be in demand, especially if you're a competitive one with a Master's in Education. Two of my friends were Physics and Biology majors respectively who got their Masters in Education only to receive a ton of offers to teach at different counties. But I have a few friends who majored in the social sciences and got their Master's, and they still got a few job offers. The minimum requirement is a Bachelor's, but having that one year Master's will allow you to secure that one position if you're hell bent on teaching. Good luck