Twitist Forums
About a false facebook account in my name...? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: About a false facebook account in my name...? (/thread-105507.html)

About a false facebook account in my name...? - Jimmy C - 02-26-2014 01:05 PM

Someone (an ex girlfriend) made a facebook account in my name, posting defamatory information about me. How can I get this account removed?

- :) - 02-26-2014 01:07 PM

Send a letter to the facebook admin. Explain everything, and theyll cancel the account. If its in your name, there should be no questions asked!

- MusicalHeart - 02-26-2014 01:20 PM

I'm sorry but I don't think you can.

If you know her account password you can try to get in, then delete the info about you and change the password.

OR

ask the admin. to take it down. It's your name.

Good luck.

- EchoBase - 02-26-2014 01:28 PM

Send an e-mail, preferrably with a valid address that proves who you are, something like a work or school e-mail that verifies who you are - compared to a hotmail address that can be easily faked out, and send it to the admins of facebook and use the subject line: ABUSE, and then explain your case. I would give attach photos of yourself to strengthen the case that you are who say you are.

- kt lee - 02-26-2014 01:32 PM

i would send an email to facebook telling them about the fake account...it should be removed. facebook is pretty good with getting rid of fake accounts

- Vehicle - 02-26-2014 01:40 PM

Deffinately report it to the Facebook administration. This is REDICULOUS and it needs to be stopped- right now!

- nico_soul1 - 02-26-2014 01:52 PM

oh that sounds horrible and so immature...

- a rob - 02-26-2014 01:58 PM

there should be a link to report fake accounts. hit that and explain why you think the account should be removed. good luck.