Twitist Forums
Facebook Notifications Wrong? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Facebook Notifications Wrong? (/thread-105945.html)

Facebook Notifications Wrong? - Ids - 02-28-2014 01:54 AM

Is there a problem with Facebook and email notifications, I have received five notifications today, four saying friends have updated their status with a status I posted some weeks ago and one saying that a friend had posted photos into one of my photo albums.

Is there anything for me to worry about?

- Glenn - 02-28-2014 02:07 AM

if its not actually happening don't be worried

- The Master - 02-28-2014 02:17 AM

Go to Account Settings in the top right hand corner of Facebook.
Then click on Notifications on the left.

Here it will give you a list of what you are being notified for (i.e. being tagged in a picture, someone liking your comment etc) and it gives you options to turn them off. It could be a bug though, after all Facebook is full of them Big Grin

- man m - 02-28-2014 02:26 AM

Or it could be u have too many IP-Address*s , look here >Account settings>>Security>>Active session<<press on it, it will pop down there see current session END ones u can....U only need one....Also u shouldnt get any emails on ur facebook about people updating there states *sorry ive never had any & never heard of it happening* but he his right thts th way to block them...do not open then.....Look here also Account Settings>>General>>Email<<press on it see if there is a email u havent put there remove;....links u have added also kick off ur facebook when this started...Facebook has to many hackers, spam ect....I hope anything ive said helpsWink)

- Valerie - 02-28-2014 02:29 AM

I don't know why, but I'm getting the same thing and so are some of my friends. the links go back to my own status. A glitch or a virus?