Twitist Forums
Why is there a random person in Australia threatening me on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook timeline (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Why is there a random person in Australia threatening me on facebook? (/thread-105953.html)

Why is there a random person in Australia threatening me on facebook? - Jason F - 02-28-2014 02:23 AM

A month ago, I received a friend request from a random guy in Australia. I of course declined, but read what he had posted on his timeline. He mentioned me in a post and told me to 'pay up or it will be target practice.' I reside in the US and he is in Australia. He was following me on FB then I blocked him. Now he can't find me and I can't find him. Should I still be worried? Does this happen a lot to other people? He only posted about me once.

I realize that there are others in AUS that have the same name as me and I do realize that he might be mistaking me for someone else...

I don't know him, but what would he want with me? I'm a little shaken up about this.

Thanks for your insight.

- Ed G - 02-28-2014 02:32 AM

Should u be worried? No there are a lot of jerks on the internet,and on facebook.So don't waste time trying to figure out something that doesn't matter anyway.

- Suraj - 02-28-2014 02:35 AM

block the person , problem sort out

- Michael - 02-28-2014 02:49 AM

You are in the US, he is supposedly in Australia, so he would need a pretty large gun to use you as "target practice". I don't even know why you bothered to check his timeline.

This happened over a month ago and you blocked him so he can't see you anymore. It's a done deal. Stop worrying about nonsense. He will see that his intimidation didn't work, so he's moving on to something else.