Twitist Forums
What's the best way to promote a facebook group? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: What's the best way to promote a facebook group? (/thread-106346.html)

What's the best way to promote a facebook group? - idlehippy - 03-01-2014 12:03 PM

I've got two groups going and would like to promote them a bit more, what's the best way to go about it. BTW you can find them by searching my name Rodney Isemann on facebook if you like! ;-)
Pretty disappointing answer to a genuine question guys. "Write on a toilet door", "Go away weirdo" - you two should be ashamed of yourselves but I'm guessing you won't be. Sadly it's because you aren't polite or intelligent enough to know why I expect.
Anyhoo, to the genuine answerer, thanks but the problem I have is the groups I have won't really interest the friends I have so far and there is the problem. Plus I'm new to facebook and the whole social network thing generally. My skills lie elsewhere.
Thanks.
R!

- Melissa <3 - 03-01-2014 12:14 PM

invite people/

- keirah - 03-01-2014 12:15 PM

ive set up two groups on facebook aswell as my own profile ive copied and pasted links of my groups on the london network etc for business i havent done enough as not many people seem to join but then again its probably because its a unfaithful partners group

- funnytim - 03-01-2014 12:17 PM

LOL i understand your disappointment..maybe i can help some.

If you don't mind spending a little $$, you can advertise on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/ads/ .

If not you can try to promote your group by mentioning it to other people, on other websites, other forums (eg. in your siguatures, etc). BUT - make sure you DO NOT spam!
Also if you're the social type try making new friends, then tell them about it! Wink

If you're feeling tech-savvy, you can create a website about it (the content in your group, etc), then link to it (ie. "We're on facebook!").

Good luck. You'll learn more as you go Smile.