Twitist Forums
I disabled the facebook timeline months ago, and it randomly came back and I can't disable it again! Help? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook timeline (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: I disabled the facebook timeline months ago, and it randomly came back and I can't disable it again! Help? (/thread-106623.html)

Pages: 1 2

I disabled the facebook timeline months ago, and it randomly came back and I can't disable it again! Help? - Chelsea - 03-02-2014 09:43 AM

I enabled the facebook timeline when it first came out in September, used it for a few days, and hated it... So I disabled it, and have been using the old facebook ever since. Now, randomly in December, it comes back. I originally disabled it by deleting the app I created in the developers page, but there are no apps to show! Because I deleted them all. I tried creating a new app again, and deleting it. Nothing. It's still the new facebook timeline that I hate.

I thought this may have happened because they are starting to make everyone use the new timeline, but I checked all my friends' pages, and they still have the old facebook.

Anyone have an explanation or answer to my problem?

Thanks in advance!

- Well.Awkward. - 03-02-2014 09:57 AM

I have it too and I absolutely hate it. I'm a teenager so all of my statuses from when I was (so much) stupider and naive and annoying are all easily accessible and viewable and it's so embarrassing and unnecessary. I did the app thing too and I had to delete it cause I disabled my account and tonight I got the new facebook. Wooooooooooo.

- abraXus - 03-02-2014 10:06 AM

about an hour ago, someone else posted something very similar (it's at the top of page 2 right now)

this is only speculation, but there's a good chance they are starting to roll out the new timeline to everyone this month

eventually it will happen, and no one will be able to use the old version anymore, so you might as well just start getting used to it anyways

one possible reason why other people arent being forced to use it yet could be that the people who tried it out ahead of time (like you) are the people who will be the first to be forced to use it

another possible reason could be that the roll out the change to certain areas of the world before others

but again, that's all just speculation

- michel - 03-02-2014 10:13 AM

I'm in the same situation actually.

- Green Lantern - 03-02-2014 10:18 AM

Ugh I just went to my facebook profile, and its back on timeline? I don't know why. I already deleted timeline from my apps . and now its back on again? hmm

- Freakmax - 03-02-2014 10:33 AM

Me too, same problem.
I think Facebook is trying to force us using their lame time line.

- Steven - 03-02-2014 10:38 AM

We are in the same "Timeline" boat my friend..I tried it months ago and i didnt like it so i switched back to the old look and now i come on here and its back to the timeline to where i cant change it grrrr..I dont like the timeline look at all, wish facebook would listen to us for once and not change everything just to keep up with the other dang sites, its stupid..

- Eugene Tan - 03-02-2014 10:44 AM

I thought I was the only one. I have been looking high and low for an answer. Somewhat I am thankful you guys are in the same boat as I am. I tried it, I hated it, I reverted.

NOW I'M BLOODY STUCK WITH IT! OMG.

- 015 - 03-02-2014 11:00 AM

today,i have the same problem..i can't disable it....I dont like it.... :-(

- Estelita - 03-02-2014 11:10 AM

same with your problem just 2 hours ago.