Twitist Forums
If I report account fake or close account, why doesn't Facebook disable or close fake account? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: If I report account fake or close account, why doesn't Facebook disable or close fake account? (/thread-106696.html)

If I report account fake or close account, why doesn't Facebook disable or close fake account? - Ben - 03-02-2014 03:41 PM

Facebook should close or shut fake account. Or it may disable any accounts.
Why do any accounts remain since Facebook does not close them?

- Smokies Hiker - 03-02-2014 03:48 PM

It usually takes more than one complaint for facebook to block an account that there's a complaint against. Add that to the time it takes for an investigation of the account to occur, and that's why complaining about a certain facebook account isn't acted on instantaneously. I'm sure if one of your acquaintances complained about your account for a reason that wasn't accurate and facebook blocked your account immediately, you'd be rather upset with facebook. Depending on the situation involving the complaint, it may take a week or even a month for an investigation. Just because someone says an account is fake, doesn't mean facebook will block it that day. Business doesn't act on the accusations of one individual.