Twitist Forums
Jeter just announced on facebook that he is retiring. Your thoughts? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Jeter just announced on facebook that he is retiring. Your thoughts? (/thread-107241.html)

Jeter just announced on facebook that he is retiring. Your thoughts? - RedSoxfan1982 - 03-04-2014 03:25 PM

Derek Jeter just announced on his facebook page that he is retiring after this season. What are your thoughts?

I am not a yankees fan, but even though I am a Red Sox fan I always have much respect for Jeter.

- The Analyzer - 03-04-2014 03:37 PM

It's about time

- 754 - 03-04-2014 03:53 PM

It's time for him. He lost almost much of his mobility after his injury in 2012 and what is he now, like 40? Hope he will have a nice season, another future Haller's final year announced early.

- Colonel Reb - 03-04-2014 04:01 PM

I like Jeter, but this story is going to get old very, very quickly; because he's a great player who plays for the Yankees, the media is going to drive it into the ground the entire season. I'm not really looking forward to that. But I can't blame Jeter for that at all.

He's had a great career, but it's probably about time to step away. I hope he has a good year to go out and can stay healthy, which has been a problem recently.

- ULAM - 03-04-2014 04:17 PM

Deserving hall of famer and heart of a proud franchise. He will be missed. So will Jose Reyes in Toronto, who I suspect will be courted by the Yanks until he says that he wants out of T-O.