Twitist Forums
Is it racist to be a typical white girl for Halloween? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Hashtag (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Is it racist to be a typical white girl for Halloween? (/thread-107267.html)

Is it racist to be a typical white girl for Halloween? - Brooke - 03-04-2014 05:14 PM

Me and my friend are planning on dressing up as typical white girls. We were going to wear uggs, leggings, northface, a shirt that says #typicalwhitegirl (to get in some insta) and a Starbucks coffee cup. we are white girls but im worried this might be considered racist and offend some people. we don't mean it to be racist, just a joke. is it racist?

- nicky loves perry - 03-04-2014 05:27 PM

its halloween !!

- Luci - 03-04-2014 05:43 PM

It's kind of racist but if you're both white girls then who cares? It's hilarious.

- ? - 03-04-2014 05:57 PM

In my opinion, that's totally fine. I mean these popular girls that dress exactly like that are being white girls as well. They've been telling the whole school they're going around drinking starbucks and yelling out "HASHTAG WHITEGIRL!!!" For halloween. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to dress like that. And if someone get's offended then Put on your glasses and tell them to deal with it because it's just a joke.

- Lucius - 03-04-2014 06:12 PM

If you're white it's ok.

That's a typical prep though, not typical white girl.