Twitist Forums
Should I ask him to be friends on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Should I ask him to be friends on Facebook? (/thread-107884.html)

Should I ask him to be friends on Facebook? - <33 you are beautiful! (: - 03-06-2014 10:29 PM

Theres a guy I like and has 18 mutual friends with me on Facebook. I don't want to show I like him. Should I add him on facebook or wait for him to invite me?

- markiec_08 - 03-06-2014 10:43 PM

this is a tough one. i was in the same situation as you were in.
if you guys talk like on a regular basis or every now and then go ahead
but if you dont talk to him at all then try making yourself known to him before you add him. and sometimes the girl has to make the first move :]

- ay jayz - 03-06-2014 10:54 PM

Go ahead and add as a friend, later he'll tell you his mind.

- Aaaaaaa - 03-06-2014 11:06 PM

The guy probably won't know if you like him or not by a simple friend request. Seriously, because I've gotten tons of friend requests from people I do and don't know, and half of them are boys. If he's on that "Friend Finder" list, then you should add him. It won't show that you like him just by friend requesting him, because he probably has a lot of friends on facebook that are also girls who friend requested him.
Also, you can wait for you two to have more mutual friends, and this way you can say "Oh, I noticed that we had a lot of mutual friends."
I personally felt awkward at first friend requesting some old friends of mine from a couple of years ago, but really, it's no big deal. As long as you see that you guys go to the same school and you have mutual friends, he'll probably accept your friend request. You shouldn't worry.

So the answer is yes, add him.

- Canadian Diva - 03-06-2014 11:15 PM

It is not a marriage proposal, it is adding someone as a friend on Facebook. Add him. PeaceSmile