Twitist Forums
What type of things were advertised during the 1960's? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What type of things were advertised during the 1960's? (/thread-10809.html)

What type of things were advertised during the 1960's? - Divya - 10-15-2012 07:45 PM

I am doing a Facebook page on Martin Luther King, and i need something that was advertised during the 1960s during MLK's time. Thanks

- Mamie - 10-15-2012 07:53 PM

1960's cars, breakfast cereals, Polaroid cameras, Revlon beauty products, etc. Basically, the same things that are advertised today (but not computers, etc.)

FYI, his full name was Martin Luther King, Jr.

- IAN B - 10-15-2012 07:53 PM

Washing powder.

- Jeffrey - 10-15-2012 07:53 PM

Cigarettes - esp. The Marlboro Man; Booze; Speedy, the Alka-Seltzer boy; Cracker Jacks; Saturday Morning Cartoons; Anti-pollution ads - like the one with the Indian with the tear in his eye after seeing how the white man had destroyed the rivers and landscapes with sewage and litter; lava lamps; Mystery Date, a popular teen girls game; Trouble (another game - "pop-a-matic, pop the dice, pop a 6 and you move twice!").

Then there was this anti-litter campaign with two girls walking along picking up small pieces of paper on the sidewalk and someone in the background singing this song:

"One by one, two by two,"
"One by one, two by two."
"Put a little love in all you do."

"One by one, two by two" and fade.

That's what I remember of the 1960's commercials.