Twitist Forums
How safe is twitter? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter followers (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: How safe is twitter? (/thread-108245.html)

How safe is twitter? - rirry - 03-08-2014 07:57 AM

I started using twitter recently,and I want to know how safe it is to use?? I have like 3 followers following me and I don't know them but I don't really care that they are following if it's safe.can you follow people you don't know??
Luke Terrance,what do you mean how I use facebook?? what has facebook got to do with twitter because I have facebook too.and what do you mean by my browsing habits?

- Alyssa - 03-08-2014 08:13 AM

Most of the people following me don't know me and I follow people I don't know either. Its pretty safe but if you don't feel comfortable with it just change your settings to private or just don't say things that are too personal

- Luke Terrance - 03-08-2014 08:21 AM

To answers the question how safe is the internet it depends on your browsing habits and how you use Facebook i would say be careful but the website it self should be safe.

- Mirza - 03-08-2014 08:25 AM

One best safety precautions you can use on social networks is self-censorship.

- Jim - 03-08-2014 08:39 AM

Twitter is only as safe as the people using it. Although it's unlikely, it is possible that a follower may turn into a stalker. That doesn't sound very "safe" to me.

With this in mind, be "proactive" when selecting a username. Don't let it even remotely suggest anything about you. Then, don't tell anyone who knows you what your username is. If you follow these precautions, Twitter should be quite safe.