Twitist Forums
I work for a family business and do a thousand little jobs. How do I put that on a résumé? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: I work for a family business and do a thousand little jobs. How do I put that on a résumé? (/thread-108526.html)

I work for a family business and do a thousand little jobs. How do I put that on a résumé? - Nic - 03-09-2014 08:12 AM

I've worked on my family's farm essentially my entire life and have held the following positions:

Fruit stand sales manager
Xmas tree lot sales attendant
PR/Social Media/Marketing Manager
Farmer's market vendor
Produce delivery account manager
Tour Guide
Educational Speaker for children

How do I represent all this on a résumé and make it look like a rich, positive history of work (for one company) experience as opposed to a mishmash of informal and seemingly unrelated jobs?

How do I play up my experience while downplaying my lack of formal education in the field? (I went to a top-10 university, but majored in literature and languages as opposed to business, economics, etc.). Also, I'm only 22.

I'm going to be applying for a position as a paid intern and/or assistant at a well-known social media company, and I don't want to blow this opportunity because I didn't know how to describe my experience and skills in the correct way.

Thanks!

- Voldermort - 03-09-2014 08:19 AM

Say: "i have served as a central factotum in our own domestic company. As an individual am able to swiftly mould my skills to execute/accomplish any required task".

- BILL - 03-09-2014 08:25 AM

I would say something like:

Include the company name, etc. I wouldn't specifically note that it is family owned but don't withhold such information if asked.

Performed a variety of managerial and non-managerial duties including: sales, marketing, and customer service.

If you need something further to fill out your resume, I would break each down into specific areas.

So for sales, include your best, relevant sales experience. Be relatively specific but not wordy. Follow suit for your other fields.

- Rahul - 03-09-2014 08:26 AM

hacksiwal.blogspot.in
here you can check diffrnt formates of resume