Twitist Forums
Girl is threatening to kill herself (help!)? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Girl is threatening to kill herself (help!)? (/thread-110635.html)

Girl is threatening to kill herself (help!)? - Olivia - 03-16-2014 04:43 PM

I admin this anti bullying page on Facebook and this other admin posted a status that suggested she was going to kill herself. So I found her FB and added and messaged her. She said she's not doing it today but after Christmas. I'm trying to convince her not to but she's saying she is. Her FB says she is 20 years old, and I don't know where she lives or anything. What should I do or tell her? Please help.

- Mr. Sonny - 03-16-2014 04:44 PM

Tell her to talk to a professional.

- T - 03-16-2014 04:47 PM

Ask her why and go from there

- Peg - 03-16-2014 04:59 PM

Tell her to call the suicide hotline. 800 273 8255

- deanne - 03-16-2014 05:01 PM

Heres what I tell my patients: The brain is a very complicated and delicate thing. It can get messed up and be unable to produce any or enough serotonin. This is called a chemical imbalance which is easily treated, very common and nothing to be ashamed of.

It can cause depression, anxiety, panic, obsession, self harm/self hatred, suicidal thoughts, eating disorders, sleeping problems, aggression/rage, anger, phobias, fears, helplessness, hopelessness, hypochondria, ADHD, paranoia, OCD, headaches, lack of interest in things, lack of motivation/ focus and much more.

According to those who have gone to therapists, counseling and therapy dont help much. They are not even allowed to prescribe appropriate meds to help you get better.

Tell a dr. about your problems and ask him for anti-depressants. Zoloft/Sertraline is a good one; most people thrive on it and it has no side effects. It enables the brain to function property.

With the right antidepressants, you will be much better, happier, calmer, confident, relaxed and feel normal. What a difference it makes!! You need them, so stay ON them.

- Kenneth - 03-16-2014 05:14 PM

If she has a timeline check to see where she is from. If you can locate her call the police in her town. They will go and talk to her and refer her for treatment if they deem it is needed.