Twitist Forums
Can employers look at Facebook or MySpace pages when screening for a interview or job? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Can employers look at Facebook or MySpace pages when screening for a interview or job? (/thread-11138.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- The Nikki - 10-15-2012 08:01 PM

Yeah they can-- as long as they're part of your network on face book, or you have your myspace open so everyone can see it.

If you don't want people from potential employers knowing what's on your face book or my space make it so that it's set to private, and don't add any people from your potential employer.

I don't think an employer has ever looked at my face book or my space-- but even if they did there's nothing there that would cause me not to get the job (e.g. pictures of me drunk)

- Acoletter - 10-15-2012 08:01 PM

Anything you have on public domain is their's to access. Make all of your information private or don't put anything you wouldn't want a potential employer or college recruiter to see. I have seen this happen more than once.

- SirWilliam - 10-15-2012 08:01 PM

..."Yes"... they can look at anything "they" want to look at... that's what the Constitution (The 1st. Amendment) is all about.

..."If" you "put it out there"..."someone" will find it and look at it and in many cases..."exploit" it.

- Ryan - 10-15-2012 08:01 PM

they can and they do

- jwishz - 10-15-2012 08:01 PM

Absolutely. Any one at any time can look at what you freely put on the net.
I routinely search for information on applicants!
No, not a victim.
How can you be a victim?
You did it to yourself, my friend!
It's in the public domain.

- CarpeDM - 10-15-2012 08:01 PM

anything you put out there is considered public domain. you lose your right to privacy when you place yourself in public and that includes the Internet. the law says you lose your expected right to privacy when you knowingly do something w/in the grasp of the public.

- Billie - 10-15-2012 08:01 PM

I got fired for naughty pics