Twitist Forums
Twitter question? How can I be considered a follower when I don't have an account in the first place? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter followers (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Twitter question? How can I be considered a follower when I don't have an account in the first place? (/thread-111729.html)

Twitter question? How can I be considered a follower when I don't have an account in the first place? - dina - 03-20-2014 09:58 AM

An old friend of mine has a Twitter account and I don't. I came across his account name once and visited his account once, it was apparently public since you could see all the tweets.

All of a sudden last night the page stopped opening, said something about access being denied. But just moments ago I could see the account and there was no problem except a slight change.

Instead of the "Follow+" box under the account name i saw a green box with "Following"!

Does the other person have access to knowing that I have checked their Twitter account? Even when I don't even have one? And how come now I'm a follower, how could that be possible?

- Joe Black - 03-20-2014 10:04 AM

Is it possible that someone else who used the computer has a twitter account, and they forgot to log-off?
If not, than it is a glitch. Usually you can see who your followers are, but in your case, because it's most likely a glitch, probably not.
In any case, just unfollow then.