Twitist Forums
Are people today "robotic"? Has modern tech killed personalities? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Are people today "robotic"? Has modern tech killed personalities? (/thread-111992.html)

Are people today "robotic"? Has modern tech killed personalities? - Who Me? - 03-21-2014 08:41 AM

I was on the subway and later walking down the street and I realized that EVERYONE was on their phones or tablets. Either listening to music, texting, calling, reading a book, watching a show. I read articles that some people don't even live anymore, they use their free time to lead a second life on the Internet, stalking people on facebook, focusing on improving their image on the Internet instead of their actual life.

My 65 year old coworker said: "I feel sorry for your generation. Your generation is a bunch of robots"

Yikes. That makes me want to quit all social media and stop using my phone. I'm ashamed lol

- Plain Old Shahhida - 03-21-2014 08:46 AM

I agree that people have become more dependent on technology and it has been ruining our generation, but I don't think technology can kill a person's personality, but I know what you're saying

- Changes - 03-21-2014 08:59 AM

I wouldn't say it's necessarily "killed" our personalities. The people on the subway were probably just bored, and figured "Well, what could I do to pass the time? Well, I've got my phone on my pocket, so I might as well use this time entertaining myself, because how else am I going to spend it?" Yeah, we've come extremely dependent on technology, but it hasn't "killed our personalities". There are people that are total shut-ins and ONLY use the internet, but that's FAR from being everyone else.

- 759 - 03-21-2014 09:07 AM

No, hormones are what kill personalities and not modern tech,