Twitist Forums
Is there a way to check who messages are from on Facebook without losing red notification? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Is there a way to check who messages are from on Facebook without losing red notification? (/thread-112529.html)

Is there a way to check who messages are from on Facebook without losing red notification? - yeah - 03-23-2014 07:10 AM

I know that when a Facebook user sends you a message, a red notification will pop up in the upper left hand corner the next time you log in. I want to be able to click on the red notification and see who the message is from, for example while I'm on my work computer at lunch, but I don't want the notification to go away until I actually go into my actual inbox on my home computer. When I click on the notification, it shows a preview of the message and then I no longer see the notification the next time I log in (even though I only read the preview).

Is there any way to see who a message is from without losing the red notification? Thanks and sorry if this was confusing.
I don't receive emails that notify me when I receive a comment/message/friend request. I know you can opt to, but that is just one more email I would have to delete. I might have to do this though.

And I'm specifically referring to messages, not comments. Thanks!

- Sarah Livingston - 03-23-2014 07:18 AM

yes

- R g - 03-23-2014 07:19 AM

You check your home page, if a comment was made, you would see it there and keep the notification. The alternative is reading your ACTUAL email. You are sent an email everything a notification is made I think, so you would know what messages were posted for your email inbox (and by email, i dont mean facebook, I mean real email, like gmail or hotmail).
*******EDIT**********************
If it is messages you are talking about. Just click on the icon of your friend you were chatting with I guess. If there was a recent transmission of information, it should pop up when you initiate the small chat window at the bottom right of the screen.
I just dont understand why you want to keep the red notifications though.