Twitist Forums
Work added me on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Work added me on facebook? (/thread-11358.html)

Work added me on facebook? - Damon - 10-15-2012 07:57 PM

My work added me as a friend on facebook. At first I figured I shouldn't accept, for obvious reasons. But I noticed I can control what everyone sees. So I can make it so people in my work category can only see certain posts.

Should I accept the request, and only let them see the heavily edited version of my page? (My posts aren't very "p.c.") Or just ignore it.

I don't know if it's awkward if I don't accept.

- Trawl - 10-15-2012 08:06 PM

Accept it.

- Mark - 10-15-2012 08:06 PM

I'd ignor it. They just want to see what you have in there. If you don't currently have an account, tell them you don't have one.

- VanillaChalk - 10-15-2012 08:06 PM

Only deny it if you have something to hide because even if you hide stuff on your privacy settings from them they still have a way to see everything. I don't know how but that's just what I heard. It may or may not be true.

- sk8brdkd - 10-15-2012 08:06 PM

I'd say accept them bc if you deny their request, they are going to think that you have something to hide and may want to check into you or your background a little more.

On my facebook page, I have a lot of employees And managers who added me and I've accepted them all. Did i want to accept all the managers? No but, I did it anyways bc I don't have anything to hide and if they want to be annoyed by all the posts I make, so be it.

Maybe if you just post lots and Lots of statuses and random links to websites and/or videos, they won't want to deal w/ you anymore on FB and remove you as friends.

I actually did that and 2 managers removed me as friends lol!!