Twitist Forums
I am a fiscal conservative but socially liberal, is there a group or name for people with similar views? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: I am a fiscal conservative but socially liberal, is there a group or name for people with similar views? (/thread-114002.html)

Pages: 1 2

I am a fiscal conservative but socially liberal, is there a group or name for people with similar views? - Mike - 03-24-2014 10:25 AM

I'm wondering if there is a faction of the Republican party that doesn't agree with the religiously aligned aspect of the party. I find myself very economically conservative and therefore supportive of Republican fiscal philosophies, but I think gay people should be treated like everybody else, and abortion should be the personal decision of the person or people effected by the pregnancy.

Is there an organized group of people who are similarly minded as myself? If so, do they have a name, website, etc?

Thank you.

- Kathy - 03-24-2014 10:31 AM

I too have views from both sides. I've registered myself an Independent.

- Onlooker - 03-24-2014 10:36 AM

You sound like a Libertarian. Look up Gary Johnson, who ran for president as a Libertarian, and has policies that might be similar to yours.

- Whoops! - 03-24-2014 10:42 AM

You may like the Libertarians (link below). Why not take a look?

- u_bin_called - 03-24-2014 10:49 AM

Moderate Republican

- David - 03-24-2014 10:59 AM

Fiscal conservative, social progressive. I think you guys are called "the majority."

- Our Kids Fed Debt - 03-24-2014 11:02 AM

Confused.

I used to say the same but what I really meant was that I am fiscally conservative but socially libertarian not liberals. To me that is the definition of Tea Party Conservative even though the new media loves to call us right wing Christians. There is no social agenda for the Tea Party and certainly no religious platform. Those are neoconservatives.
Social liberal means government interference and money.

- The Warlock - 03-24-2014 11:07 AM

Basically, you just defined Libertarians.

The Warlock

- Drunkenbike971 - 03-24-2014 11:17 AM

Democrats.

Republicans are all talk when it comes to fiscal responsibility. Nixon, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II are responsible for 80% of the our debt. Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton left office with balanced budgets. Even Obama, after being left a economic crisis, has been whittling down on deficit spending.

- JD_Bugs - 03-24-2014 11:20 AM

It is called the Democratic Party. The Republicans have NOT been fiscally conservative in the last decade so they are out. There is no such thing as the libertarian party, it does not exist. Proof? when was the last time you could vote for someone with an "L" next to their name in a national election. Even Ron and Rand Paul ran as Repubs.