Twitist Forums
What is the objective of the new Yahoo Answers format? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: What is the objective of the new Yahoo Answers format? (/thread-114328.html)

What is the objective of the new Yahoo Answers format? - Misunderstoodocean174 - 03-24-2014 10:31 AM

What was it supposed to achieve? Just wondering the main reason for the change because I thought it was fine as it was.

- gregory - 03-24-2014 10:35 AM

So that they can say that they "changed" it. They didn't improve it though, that's for sure.

- Alanis - 03-24-2014 10:42 AM

Yahoo's sugarcoating on their blog states that it was intended to make the site "Better, Faster, Simpler."

B.S. Translator to English:

"We want to make our site look like other social networking sites such as Facebook and Tumblr and lure in some more users from there to here. We also decided to make everything as small as possible so we have more ad space, which means more money to us. Mwhahaha."

- Joseph - 03-24-2014 10:46 AM

I suppose we will all get used to it and then sometime in the future they will change it again and then we will all complain again. It's a funny old world.

- Chetak. - 03-24-2014 10:46 AM

It was intended to make things easier for us, and from what I can gather most those have adapted to the new or have switched to Canada or one of the other English speaking countries

Chetak

- Minister of Truth - 03-24-2014 10:53 AM

1: appease advertisers. Y's lagging badly on ad revenue.

#2: make format compatible w/ mobiles.

- Looseyâ„¢ - 03-24-2014 10:55 AM

Stupidest thing ever. It covers the whole page with "you answered a question." WHO CARES if it doesn't state the question. It is such a phenomenal waste of space I can only conclude they did it on purpose just to annoy. Nobody likes it, and Yahoo must know nobody likes it. This is par for the course for an outfit that can't fix its spell checker in 5 YEARS or its "whoa! you've earned _ points." I've come to expect this sort of sloppy work from Yahoo. They really don't care.