Twitist Forums
I can only see a facebook friends profile when they are online? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I can only see a facebook friends profile when they are online? (/thread-114338.html)

I can only see a facebook friends profile when they are online? - Jane B - 03-24-2014 10:31 AM

I am only able to see a facebook friend's profile when they are online. I am not able to see them on my friend list either to remove them, message them, ect. I cannot find them when I search for them either.

In the "you may know this person toolbar" on my other friend's facebook, it says that I am friends with that person. But I cannot find them, unless they are online.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks
I am abosolutely positive that I am friends with this person. As I had mentioned before, this person is showing up in the "you may know this person" toolbar on another friends account. And it lists me as a friend of the person.

I have tried looking through all the privacy settings, and have tried researching this problem. I have not heard of anything like this before.
Yes, I should explain that from time to time I view my Friends online list. That is the only time the friend appears in my friends list, and from there I can click on their profile to view it. When they go offline, I can no longer view their profile, I can't see them on my friends list and I cannot search for them.

- ashley - 03-24-2014 10:36 AM

Are you for sure, for sure you're that person's friend? Bc, I'm a Facebook whore and have never heard of this or any privacy setting (that you could've accidentally set) that would do this.

- MerryGenius789 - 03-24-2014 10:40 AM

Well, neither have I. this could be a glitch in the system, so i would ask facebook directly here http://www.facebook.com/help/contact_generic.php . How do you know you can only see them when they are online? do you mean only through the online friends list?