Twitist Forums
When do you send out kickstarter 'thank you's? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: When do you send out kickstarter 'thank you's? (/thread-114417.html)

When do you send out kickstarter 'thank you's? - Georgina - 03-24-2014 10:32 AM

I'm about to launch a kickstarter, and the lowest pledge of a pound receives a 'thank you' on twitter, and a mention on the facebook page. Kickstarter is asking me about a delivery date, and i'm wondering - is this something that you do as soon as each person pledges, or do you wait until the end of the kickstarter, when everyone has pledged, and then do it?

- Ephemerist - 03-24-2014 10:37 AM

When you want to make friends, and you ask them for money with nothing in return except a thank you, you thank them early, often, and sincerely. I've participated in only one KS project, with an actual deliverable product in a few months. When the pledge time was over he sent out an announcement of that, which included a thank you and notice of how the project would proceed.

Keep the future in mind too. This is one project. If it goes -well- there's no reason you can't do -more-. If you can create a following, a 'brand,' then you will have more people on board sooner next time.

There's a business aphorism is that you don't make $ on one sale to one customer. You make -profit- on -many- sales to the same customer. The trick is to keep them coming back for more. Maybe next time they'll be more than a minimal pledge. Along the way word of mouth spreads out and brings you new customers. Keep at it and always keep the customer in the front of your mind - the focus of your thinking - and you can build a career.