Twitist Forums
Why do guys ditch their best friend for their girlfriend? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Why do guys ditch their best friend for their girlfriend? (/thread-114445.html)

Why do guys ditch their best friend for their girlfriend? - bball_success3 - 03-24-2014 10:33 AM

Okay so I've been best friends with this guy for a couple years now. We had a lot of classes together, and one night he decided to message me on facebook. It was over a Christmas break, so we ended up talking every night for 6+ hours. We know absolutely everything about each other. We vowed that we would be best friends through high school and college, and that we wouldn't let anyone get in the way of that. Last summer he got a girlfriend after meeting her at a party. Let's not forget that I am mostly the reason they are together anyway, considering I begged him to go to the party with me. He had to transfer to a private school because his parents were worried about his grades, and his girlfriend went there too. Soon our nightly talks turned into weekly talks, monthly talks... then complete silence. He came to our school for a class every afternoon, and I waved once and he just looked at me. This was March, the last time I saw him. It is now December, and I moved across the country, so it's been 9 months. He has texted me first 0 times since I moved. Yesterday was his birthday, so I texted him happy birthday. He didn't reply to me. But when my other best friend texted him happy birthday, he replied to her. I have done nothing wrong to this kid, I gave him rides to every dance/party we went to together, I've paid for him plenty of times at restaurants. I always gave him good advice and helped him with any problems he had. His parents love me for helping him get his life back on track. So why doesn't he ever talk to me anymore? Am I not worth it? I know this is typical.. But I do not understand whatsoever. Maybe I need to leave this friendship behind in 2013 and start without him.

- Erashad - 03-24-2014 10:35 AM

A couple things could be going on here. (I'm assuming you're a girl the way you talk btw)

First off, in regards to your overall question,, it would be completely normal for you guys to not be as close as you once were since he got a girlfriend. I can't speak for this guy but most aren't really interested in being friends with girls and now his girlfriend is his best friend maybe.

Still however this doesn't explain why he wouldn't wave to you or respond to your birthday text. It could either be he really just doesn't care much and he got a bunch of texts and only responded to half of them, or maybe he heard you said something about him.

Either way he doesn't sound like much of a friend, I'd let him contact you from now on. Study hard and make money.

- Jon - 03-24-2014 10:37 AM

He didn't follow the bro code! Bro's before Hoes. c'mon man!

Assuming you are a bro.........