Twitist Forums
I want to become a stock broker? But I am studying history in bachelors? How to become STOCK BROKER AND HOWZ? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: I want to become a stock broker? But I am studying history in bachelors? How to become STOCK BROKER AND HOWZ? (/thread-114671.html)

I want to become a stock broker? But I am studying history in bachelors? How to become STOCK BROKER AND HOWZ? - anshul m - 03-24-2014 10:37 AM

I want to become a stock broker? But I am studying history in bachelors . How to become a stock broker .

How is stock brokers life ? What kind of people do they socialize?

How is there social circle? How much they earn

Do they get time off and enjoy or always working and on the phone-

- ag318pun - 03-24-2014 10:41 AM

All your question can be answered on this link.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5135_become-st0ck-broker.html

- ALI HAMZA - 03-24-2014 10:43 AM

brother i am a doctor and i am too doing it from few months
first of all do read certain books like "rich dad poor dad"
for broad thinking , and remember go for long term saving other vise you loose lot of money
do read book on topic and give yourself for at least 6 months to gather knowledge

- Sean - 03-24-2014 10:46 AM

Normally you need a degree and industry qualifications.
I believe in America it is Series 7

You will then start as a junior member of staff "Opening" accounts for senior brokers. This means you do all the hard work and they get the credit. Salary = £35k per year.

After 18-24 months you will become a senior broker and start building a client base.
Realistically you need 5 Mil AUM to make any decent money in private client stockbroking. Salary + Comm = 65k+

After 3 years or so = Salary 100K +

Overall its long hours late nights.
Your work friends will be cut-throat sharks
Building your client base requires you to sell
Trading your client base requires you to know what will move a market.

1 in 10 people that start a career in stockbroking go on the be well paid. The rest either do something else or stay earning 35k for the rest of their lives