Twitist Forums
how can i protect my food outlet ideas through a contract going into a partnership where its his premesis? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: how can i protect my food outlet ideas through a contract going into a partnership where its his premesis? (/thread-115133.html)

how can i protect my food outlet ideas through a contract going into a partnership where its his premesis? - Gee - 03-24-2014 10:45 AM

Hi.. thanks for looking.

i am about to open a restraunt doing a unique menu.. i have found someone who is going to basicaly give me his place and i get a third of profits and him 2 thirds.. i am oing everything.. the menu.. new name and logo and marketing.. im going to set up the online side , facebook, you tube etc etc.. he has said his conditions will be simple like if i dont turn up for work he can get rid etc..

i think its going to do well and am worried he maytry and get rid of me and keep my ideas/recipes etc..

how can i protect myself ?

- Howard L - 03-24-2014 10:53 AM

Have a lawyer draw up a business contract specifying the duties, responsibilities, for each of you and consequences of a breach of contract. Draw up a non disclosure agreement for your recipes. Nothing can prevent him from kicking you out and stealing your recipes but if you have a contract and he does that you would have a very good chance of collecting a lot of money from him in a lawsuit, plus he's less likely to screw you if he knows in advance what it's likely to cost him.

- Piran - 03-24-2014 10:54 AM

Nice one. You set it up, do all the work, make a profit and he throws you out. This person is not as stupid as you are. You would need a watertight contract done through a Solicitor, but even then, he can still break the terms, get rid of you, and you would have to sue him, which is not free in the UK.
Disaster.
UK