Twitist Forums
How can I stop my posts to a closed facebook group from appearing on my friend's newsfeeds? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook groups (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: How can I stop my posts to a closed facebook group from appearing on my friend's newsfeeds? (/thread-115391.html)

How can I stop my posts to a closed facebook group from appearing on my friend's newsfeeds? - username - 03-24-2014 10:49 AM

I don't want my facebook friends other than the ones in the group to see my posts, so is there a way for me to prevent my activity in a closed group on facebook from appearing on the newsfeeds of people who are my friends but aren't in the group? Sorry if this makes no sense haha

- Yahoo user - 03-24-2014 10:58 AM

Who runs facebook ?
google
They are the biggest exploiter of peoples information like a blabbermouth neighbor.
sorry but facebook users have to be aware of the privacy they give up.
I wish i knew how to help you, i went on F/B once and that was the last time.
I get pokes all the time from people i refuse to go back on Facebook.

- Snowhite - 03-24-2014 11:06 AM

Try creating a group and add the relevant people to that group and post within that group.

You can find Groups on the left side of your facebook page once you login.

I hope this helps

- Jennifer - 03-24-2014 11:10 AM

A user's posts on the wall of a closed group does not appear in the general news feed. If it is, you need to go back to the group and verify that it is indeed a closed group. If I was still having this problem, I would definitely report to facebook. I am including the link to the place I direct problems to facebook, as a comment.

- Arlene - 03-24-2014 11:11 AM

They shouldn't. That's the way it works with closed groups. If they do you can complain to facebook about it (although I don't know how helpful that would be).