Twitist Forums
PLEASE: My girlfriend posted THIS on her wall today - am I over-reacting/jealous, or is this legitimate? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: PLEASE: My girlfriend posted THIS on her wall today - am I over-reacting/jealous, or is this legitimate? (/thread-115932.html)

Pages: 1 2

PLEASE: My girlfriend posted THIS on her wall today - am I over-reacting/jealous, or is this legitimate? - Jordan - 03-24-2014 10:58 AM

My girlfriend has this weird obsession with beards. I can't grow a good beard to save my life. Today on her Facebook, she posted a picture/meme of some random guy with a big beard on her wall, and tagged her friend. Her friend replied "I don't think I'm ready to handle a beard so substantial" and my girlfriend responded "I dunno, I think I might give it a go Wink". Now, I am assuming that this is joke, and it most likely is, but I got jealous and defensive when I read that.

I do have a history of insecurity/jealousy/over-thinking, so that could be it, but should she even be making jokes like that? Is that joking? Or is there seriousness in that? Am I over-reacting?
Also, my best-friend has a beard, and when we left his house for breakfast for the first time, I mentioned something about his beard and she said - "I do like beard... I have whole boards on Pintrest filled with beards". I didn't get a weird vibe from her saying that at the time and everything else in our relationship is REALLY, REALLY good... she wants me to meet her family, says she is falling in love, etc etc.

- Jules - 03-24-2014 11:08 AM

Yes, you are overreacting you don't even have to think twice about it! HAve you ever heard of #mancrushmonday's? It's where you post a picture of a guy you find really attractive. Girls with boyfriends still post celebrity crushes, it's not like they're losing interest in their boyfriend, everyone has celebrity?model crushes!

- Brian - 03-24-2014 11:17 AM

Isn't facebook delightful? It destroys more than it helps and has 0 substance. Either drop it totally OR ask her about it and about who she was talking with. For now you may want to work on your personal issues and try to forget it.

Good luck.

- Jacob - 03-24-2014 11:18 AM

dump her

- Elena - 03-24-2014 11:19 AM

It does sound like you are over-reacting, however your girlfriend should be more sympathetic about your insecurities. Don't be mad at her though, just ask her about it in a calm manner, and then tell her how that comment made you feel. I hope you guys can work it out.

- Kaitlyn - 03-24-2014 11:23 AM

This is very common. You are not over reacting, it just means you love her and don't want to lose her. I'm pretty sure your girlfriend was just playing around. It sounds like a joke to me and I'm a girl. Girls do this a lot. You too sound like you will be with each other for a while(: Good luck!

- Chase - 03-24-2014 11:32 AM

your overreacting

- king - 03-24-2014 11:35 AM

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

- Jessica - 03-24-2014 11:36 AM

Understandable you have issues, but it's only a bit of banter between friends. Don't worry about it, just put into your mind it's nothing personal and try to get past it, don't mention it to the gf coz it could cause problems with your relationship over nothing.
And one more thing, your girlfriend is into beards yet she's chosen to go out with you, someone who doesn't have one or at least a magnificent one so she can't be that into them, she obviously likes someone for more than just a beard. Think about that, if anything it's a compliment to you

- Hey - 03-24-2014 11:46 AM

In my opinion, your over reacting. Out of all the bearded man out there, at the end of the day she's still with you, right? She has a weird obsession with beards but still picked a guy without one. That's a compliment towards you. Even without a beard she finds you datable! Your girl friend claims she's in love with you, so don't trip over some picture with a guy she doesn't even know! Don't be so insecure either, besides your perfect in the eyes of your true lover. Like you said, your relationship is going good so don't let this be that one thing that effects that. This is very common in relationships that one gets jealous, you just have to look at the bigger picture and realize that at the end of the day out of 14678754324567 man in the world, your the lucky guy she choose. (:
good luck to you both! Take care!