Twitist Forums
Someone registered a Facebook account under my email and got friended? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Someone registered a Facebook account under my email and got friended? (/thread-116374.html)

Someone registered a Facebook account under my email and got friended? - Maha-Zio - 03-24-2014 11:06 AM

I checked my email today and found three emails from Facebook dated May 7 (yesterday): "I've" created an account, "Welcome to Facebook," and "[some guy] added you as a friend."

I didn't sign up for a Facebook account. The response I found on Facebook about random people using your email to make accounts didn't seem really helpful: wait three days to see if whoever can cause a ton of trouble under my email?

Just ran my anti-virus and anti-spyware programs with my system's error check this morning, changed my password for my email when I found out I suddenly had a Facebook account. I haven't found anything, so I'm hoping it's just some guy who grabbed an email ("I'll make a Superman account with Superman6188@yahoo.com!") than that I've been hacked.

I want to know:

- Can Facebook accounts get friended if they're not confirmed yet? I haven't clicked anything in the emails on the off chance that those were fake.

- How do I contact Facebook about this from their website? Please tell me how to do this without having to actually create my own account there. Is there a direct email or phone number? I can't seem to find their contact info anywhere except for the physical address in the email.

Thanks for reading. ^^;;

- amiga - 03-24-2014 11:16 AM

I have a similar experience, I was shocked to find a message to confirm my facebook account but while I didn't know facebook so, I block the account so, it is closed because I was afraid of misused of someone to my email, especially I found friend requests on my email from many people. now I regret to block it because blocking this account meant that I couldn't create any other account from this email. So, I create an account from a new email.
some people are very bad
if could enter this account and change its password and use it by your name it will be better.