Twitist Forums
can you exlpain the sunday school lesson Show Your Faith By Your Works and what am i to learn from this? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: can you exlpain the sunday school lesson Show Your Faith By Your Works and what am i to learn from this? (/thread-116461.html)

Pages: 1 2

can you exlpain the sunday school lesson Show Your Faith By Your Works and what am i to learn from this? - Daryl - 03-24-2014 11:07 AM

James2:1-26.

- Melanie - 03-24-2014 11:09 AM

Perhaps a person might know all the traffic laws and regulations, and would score 100 percent on any written driving test. But, that person would get the same ticket, and have to pay the same fine for being caught going 60 mph in a 40 mph zone. To understand the concept and makeup of computer code can get you a grade of "A" in a college computer science class, but the application of the code to create Facebook can make you a billionaire. Likewise, to know God's Word is great and desirable, but to live by God's Word is what He wants.

What good is Faith, and knowledge or the Word, if you are never inspired to help someone and to live your life in a Christian manner? Having faith and knowledge is only the first step, and should lead to action. Jesus spent the time of His ministry on earth helping others; and He gave His life as a sacrifice for others. His ministry was full of good actions. Most of us have heard many sermons, but how many of them have actually inspired you to do something? How many sermons have made you actually go and help someone once you are outside the church doors?

The life of a Christian should show a balance of faith, and also action. In the reference scripture, James focused on faith leading to action (good deeds.) He said that Abraham's actions made his faith complete. It then follows that faith and actions compliment each other. Apostle Paul said good works alone won't get you into heaven, but he also emphasized we should do good at every opportunity (Galatians 6:9-10.)

- james o - 03-24-2014 11:14 AM

Walk the walk; Don't just talk the talk.

Perhaps I should point out that this is not an admonition to you, but a brief summary of what [imho] James is saying.

- MOMMAH - 03-24-2014 11:19 AM

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James2%3A18-26&version=NKJV

Matthew 25:34-36
34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25%3A34-46&version=NKJV

- faithfultoad457 - 03-24-2014 11:26 AM

that to work the Great commission and the WILL of God which is the spiritual and corporal acts of mercy are what marks every Christian as a Christian.

- Jeremiah Spain - 03-24-2014 11:31 AM

If you love God and you have Faith in God you should try to please him. That means try not to sin, tithe, read your bible, pray, and praise him.

- Prayer Cactus - 03-24-2014 11:35 AM

god doesn't care about your works.....only your faith.....

- blueiis - 03-24-2014 11:42 AM

Here's a commentary you can read.

http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/?action=getChapterSections&cid=13&source=1&schap=2

- anthony h - 03-24-2014 11:44 AM

simple as when you do something to help someone, do it freely and believe that God will bless that person and it will multiply. Do it without hesitation or conditions, but to Glorify your heavenly father.

- Jeancommunicates - 03-24-2014 11:49 AM

Jesus answered you best when He said, "What ever you do to the least of these, you do it to Me." Jesus went about doing good to everyone and loving everyone. So whatever you do, do it for Jesus so you can glorify Him.