Twitist Forums
Is there a way to temporarily disable a facebook account? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Is there a way to temporarily disable a facebook account? (/thread-116904.html)

Is there a way to temporarily disable a facebook account? - Ryan Carnahan - 03-24-2014 11:15 AM

I want to get rid of my facebook account for a couple months...but the i'd like to get it back. If i were to deactivate it, would it delete all my friends and information? or would all my friends/info still be on it once I activate it again?

- The Person - 03-24-2014 11:19 AM

You can either delete it and lose everything, or never delete it and just not use it

- kyle - 03-24-2014 11:28 AM

The deactivate option is temporary, and you get your information and friends back when you reactivate it.

- City - 03-24-2014 11:32 AM

No it won't delete anything. It's as if your logged off. Of course none of your friends can contact you. Once you log in it reactivates your fb account. Your friends/messages/pictures ect are all still there...

- Tina Babalo - 03-24-2014 11:38 AM

after you deactivate you account and after couple of months you came back and log in and you account will activate again. and you will have all your friend.

- Alex Sanders - 03-24-2014 11:45 AM

When you delete you Facebook account it does not mean its permanent. Deleting you account is like deactivating it.

- Belovedlawyer780 - 03-24-2014 11:50 AM

You can either:

→Deactivate your account and wait for 2 weeks
→Find the Facebook account deletion group and follow the instruction to have the admin remove your account

Good luck!